I started this blog year 2015 mainly to have an avenue to express myself. I put here some of my travels and overwhelming emotions, because writing helps. A LOT. It makes me remember, it makes me feel.
This is my first entry talking about my fondness of books and reading, but here’s a brief introduction about myself:
I’m 23 years old, from the Philippines. I’m a Mass Communication graduate and I’m currently working as a Sales/Project Manager. My work requires a lot of time and I will be kidding if I say it’s not stressful. Reading has helped me a lot by giving me the comfort and escape I needed.
I loved reading since I was a kid. When I was starting school, I lived with my Mom and Aunt (who is a teacher) and most of the time, I am left with some snacks and reading materials to play with. I remembered feeling so ecstatic after receiving a book of fairy tales from my Aunt and I spent the succeeding days reading it- asking for help with some difficult words and requiring explanations for some things my tiny mind couldn’t comprehend.
This year, I decided to start my #bookstagram account. I will be honest by saying it REALLY took me a lot of courage to do this! I was happy seeing all the bookish posts, seeking book recommendations from here and there, but I thought why not make my own space to share my love for books?
Here are some #bookish facts about myself:
- The current genre I am most fond of are YA, Fantasy and Romance. I usually read alternating genres or whichever I feel like picking up.
- I LOVE trilogies. The series with the most number of books I have read are Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments. I think the first ever series that made me fall in love with trilogies is the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My favorite 2018 trilogies are: TATBILB, The Infernal Devices and The Dark Artifices.
- I let people borrow my books but it really hurts me to know that they never read it. My worst experience was when I found out folded pages inside the book that was returned to me (!!!!!!!) Since then, I always include bookmarks on the books being borrowed. And I usually ask them for updates- to know of my babies are in good hands.
- I am very protective over my books. I always make sure I return them to their plastic covers after reading them (since I currently do not have any proper bookshelf, I stack them in a huge storage box. AND I NEED ANOTHER ONE because they’re piling up!)
- As what I put in my Instagram bio, I am a highly caffeinated bookworm. I mean, book and coffee is the BEST PAIR EVER existed! (For some, it may be tea I guess?) I love it when I can sip coffee and read at the same time… Aaaaaah, this is life!
The bookstagram community has been really warm and welcoming! Everyday, I learn new things and I get a lot of inspirations and ideas from all of them. I love how easy it is to approach someone to ask bookish stuff and recommendations. It’s like having an instant connection with the bookworms and to make friends!
I’d love to post more bookish entries in the days ahead!
For an amateur bookstagrammer, it would mean a lot to me to hear your feedbacks and recommendations! I’m still exploring more titles but I would love to try out other genres. Please feel free to write down your thoughts! Add me in Goodreads too!
I look forward to more bookish milestones and friendships from this community!