I guess I am always the last person to know that this is happening- but I was lucky to stumble upon Ate Kath’s blog post (find her here!) about this year-long reading challenge hosted by Shealea from Shut Up, Shealea, CW from The Quiet Pond, Lily from Sprinkles of Dreams, and Vicky from Vicky Who Reads.
#YARC2019 or Year of the Asian Reading Challenge is pretty simple- read as may books written by Asian authors during the entire 2019. Sounds fun? YES, so count me in! Participants can choose any books based on their liking, but the hosts will be posting different prompts and book recommendations per month. They also created six adorable badges that represent the number of books you are willing to read for the challenge (no kidding, they are really adorable!)
I chose the Philippine Tarsier badge and it equates to 1-10 books! I already read a few Asian books earlier this year, but to make it more challenging, I would count them separately from this challenge.
Nobody asked, but I’m sharing all the books by Asian authors I’ve read prior on participating in this challenge:
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Wildcard by Marie Lu
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
- Fairytail Manga (Volumes 34-38) by Hiro Mashima
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
I guess I’ll have to adjust my July TBR! Will try to update as soon as I can!
YARC Reading Tracker
To avoid putting so much on this tracker, I decided to just include links of my full-book reviews for each of them. If not, I’ll just put my ratings and favorite quotation from the book 🙂
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – ratings: 3.75/5 stars
- Saints and Misfits by S.K Ali – ratings: 2.75/5 stars
- Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay – ratings: 4/5 stars